Pre-Qualified IT Vendors
The CIO’s office maintains a list of Pre-qualified Information Technology (IT) vendors for State specific IT category contracts.
In order to improve the time required to enter into a contract for certain IT services, DII has pre-qualified a number of vendors in a number of specific categories. Several vendors qualified to provide services in more than one category.
The intent of pre-qualifying vendors is to enable departments and agencies to more quickly accomplish work based on specific Statements of Work developed for a specific project. They are not intended for use with large projects which would otherwise require a more formal Request for Proposal process. Therefore, there are specific dollar limits for these types of contracts (noted in each of the specific types of contract descriptions). Contract limits may be waived at the discretion of the Chief Information Officer.
IMPORTANT State Agency Requirements:
- Any State Agency may draft a Statement of Work (SOW) for their project that fits the categories of specific vendors.
- Once finalized the SOW is to be e-mailed to all vendors in the category that fits the project. The e-mail address’s for the vendors are on the corresponding pages of the categories where the vendor names are listed.
- A copy should also be sent to DII to Peter Kipp and Darwin Thompson just for reference that the agency is utilizing the SOW process.
- Here you will find a Sample Statement of Work outline that can be used for purposes of sending to the pre-qualified vendors.
- Here you will find a copy of the General Guidelines that is included as Attachment A in all of the Master Contracts with these vendors here. The purpose of that document is to explain the relationship of the Statements of Work to the master contract, and departments should hold vendors accountable to meeting the General Requirements.
- DII will maintain some oversight over this process under our obligations to manage the master contracts, but the projects performed under these contracts are the responsibility of the agency or department that executes them.
- The types of contracts may increase over time. Departments and agencies should contact Peter Kipp or Darwin Thompson if there is a specific category that is not covered that might be eligible for the pre-qualification process.
- Per the Bulletin 3.5, for our pre-qualified list, once in a two year period, we will publicly solicit the opportunity for vendors to be placed on our list.
IMPORTANT Vendor Requirements:
- Vendors are to wait to be contacted by an Agency that needs some work. The vendor should NOT pre contact an agency looking for work.
- The vendor should respond to the SOW via e-mail in accordance with SOW and the contract they original signed to be pre-qualified.
To view the current categories of pre-qualified venders, click here.