What is this Service?
This service facilitates computer account access for the on-boarding, transfer, and separation of State of Vermont employees and authorized third parties (contractors/vendors). The following information is to assist hiring managers to provide, modify, and/or terminate IT services and related technologies necessary for employees to perform their job responsibilities.
What is Included?
Key Standard Features
- Initial setup, configuration, and coordination of the following services for new staff (as determined by the supervisor – not all employees require this full setup, and may use a shared computer):
- Desktop/Laptop computer (Standard hardware and suite of software)
- Email - See Enterprise Email Services
- Active Directory Accounts (including a network (PC) user ID)
- Shared drive access (access is determined by employee’s supervisor)
- Installation and configuration of specific business applications (if approved by the appropriate Manager/Director)
- Termination of the following services separate from the State of Vermont:
- Modification of access and redeployment of assets for interdepartmental transfers
- Technical support and fulfillment of service requests
Non Standard Features
- Remote Access – Remote access must be specifically requested when requesting new user accounts and the access required.
How Do I Obtain This Service?
User Request Process for Service Features
- Employee’s manager or designee submits the User Account Request form through the self-service portal.
Steps for separated (terminated) Employees
- Employee’s manager or designee submits the User Account Termination form through the self-service portal.
Steps for Interdepartmental Transfers
- Employee’s manager or designee submits the User Account Request/Termination form through the self-service portal.
How Do I Receive Support for This Service?
To request support for this service, contact the Service Desk to open a support ticket
- AHS, VSMS and TAX go to LANDesk Self-Service
- If your domain is different from above (for example AOT or DFR) go to explicit logon
- Or Call 802-828-6620 or toll free 1-855-828-6620 - Option 1
- View the How To Section
Service Maintenance Schedule
- No scheduled service maintenance window
- DII Service Desk: Monday –Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 pm
- Data Center Operations: Monday through Friday -6:30am to midnight
DII does not traditionally respond to issues after business hours. DII staff is only available via "best effort" after hours. Support calls placed after 4:30 PM and weekends/holidays will be redirected to Contact Communications. Issues requiring immediate attention will be forwarded to the appropriate DII employee who will triage the reported issue and follow proper procedures to restore activities to normal operations
Request Fulfillment Goal
- Up to two weeks to fulfill request for on-boarding and technology management, transitioning, and separation of services. Upon completion and submission of required documents (system and network access request submitted through service portal indicated above), and appropriate approvals.
- Issues will be prioritized and resolved based on priority. Please refer to the Customer Support (Service Desk) Service for definitions of priority levels and resolution goals for each level.