What is this Service?
Information Technology Procurement and Contracting Services assist state customers with the procurement of Information Technology (IT) related services through competitive selection and negotiated contracts. This service is available to customers throughout the State in accordance with Bulletin 3.5. ADS, as a department within the Executive Branch, is subject to the provisions of Bulletin 3.5. Any services we provide to other state entities must adhere to them.
We also provide procurement services for Information Technology (IT) related commodities for ADS customers that we are currently providing full Desktop Support Service to within the Agency of Administration, Agency of Human Services, as well as various boards and commissions.
What is Included?
Key Standard Features
- Procurement of IT commodities for ADS customers for which we provide full desktop support
- Provide assistance to State customers in obtaining approvals of Information Technology RFP’s and contracts in accordance with Bulletin 3.5.
- Administration of Independent Review process for the CIO on IT contracts over $1,000,000.
- Identification of opportunities for state-wide contracts for technology products/services that could result in better costs, quality or control for the State. Working with other State organizations, ADS pursues these opportunities through the contractual life-cycle (RFP, vendor selection, pre-bid meetings etc.) and on-going contract management.
How Do I Obtain This Service?
- For contracting related services, call us at 802-828- 5746 or 802-828-4551
- Email IT Contracting
- For IT commodity procurement service email IT Purchasing or call 802-828-6620
- For more information on commodity procurement services, go to the IT Purchasing web page.
Self Service Portal – Log into LANDesk
- AHS, VSMS and TAX go to LANDesk Self-Service
- If your domain is different from above (for example AOT or DFR) go to explicit logon
- Or Call 802-828-6620 or toll free 1-855-828-6620 - Option 1
- ADS IT Procurement and Contracting Services Monday –Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 pm
ADS does not traditionally respond to issues after business hours. ADS staff is only available via "best effort" after hours. Support calls placed after 4:30 PM and weekends/holidays will be redirected to Contact Communications. Issues requiring immediate attention will be forwarded to the appropriate ADS employee who will triage the reported issue and follow proper procedures to restore activities to normal operations.
Request Fulfillment Goal
- Contract negotiation and review (Business, Vendor, AG and ADS) takes time and often involves multiple iterations. If you are negotiating a brand new contract, it is recommended that you plan on 4 weeks to complete the contracting process. See Contracting.
- Independent Reviews take 5 to 6 weeks on average to complete (with some being completed in as little as 3 weeks and others closer to 8 weeks). See Independent Review.
IT Request for Proposal (RFP)
22 V.S.A § 901 requires ADS to review all information technology requests for proposal (RFPs) in accordance with Agency of Administration policies. The Agency of Administration policy is reflected in Bulletin 3.5 and states, “The Chief Information Officer/Commissioner of the Department of Information and Innovation must review all RFPs for information technology or telecommunication prior to their posting.”