Updates on the status of our project are posted below. Communications will be sent out well in advance of any changes/delays to our implementation process.
Project Status: Yellow
The State of Vermont is systematically transitioning State government locations currently using Centrex/ISDN/Fax lines for voice services to an IP Telephony solution, utilizing existing data circuits, creating an IT infrastructure that will support any future State Unified Communications needs. Unified Communications integrates multiple means of communication (e.g., e-mail, instant messaging, voice, etc.) onto one platform; improving efficiencies across the State enterprise network.
- Drastic reduction in leasing, equipment, manpower and maintenance costs
- Integration of voice and data technologies onto one physical network
- Enabling employees to work from anywhere
- Seamless transition from desk phone to mobile device
- Combining voice and data into one platform