Microsoft Office 365 (Office 365) Pilot Team
The purpose of the Pilot Team is to help ensure the successful implementation of Office 365 statewide. All features of Office 365 will be evaluated in a phased approach. Issues will be reported, documented and resolutions will be recommended or provided.
- 10/23/2015 Met with the agencies that are scheduled to be migrated October 27th – October 29il, they all agreed to go. See the O365 Project web page to find this migration timeline.
- 10/21/2015 DII user’s mailboxes have been successfully migrated.
- 10/16/15 - based on Pilot team’s recommendation DII will not be migrated on October 19es. The new target date is October 21 (.
- 10/14/2015 - DII leads will review the pilot users survey results.
- 10/07/2015 - Out of 103 pilot users 77 have opened the survey and 49 have completed the survey.
- 10/07/2015 - Pilot users need to complete the survey. This is the best way for the Pilot leads to identify trending issues. You can complete your survey and say something does not work and go back into your survey at a later date and change your answer once is it working.
- We are currently testing:
- Exchange email, calendar functionality.
- Skype for Business
- Office Products
- All pilot testers are to complete the survey in survey monkey. This survey provides you with a list of items to test and respond with pass or fail. You will receive an email from survey monkey with the link to complete the survey.
- We expect feedback to be submitted via Survey Monkey 2 weeks after you are sent the survey.
- In addition to completing the survey please do agency level testing, test your agency's specific requirements to ensure your agency's applications work with O365, attach a spreadsheet with your testing results using “Submit Feedback” button on the O365 Pilot webpage.
Known Global Issues
- 10/16/15 Credential prompt issue, has been resolved with a temporary fix that may need to be removed once everyone is migrated. Tim and Karen are reaching out to some pilot users to validate the fix.
10/02/2015 – A Premier support ticket has been entered with Microsoft for assistance with Credential prompt issues.
Known Global Changes (from Microsoft)
- Microsoft changed the ability to allow Distribution List Owners to make changes to their list.
- Until further notice, submit a LANDesk Request to make the required changes -- https://itsupport.vermont.gov
- We are researching alternatives and will keep you updated once we have more information.
- Limit of sending messages to more than 500 recipients
- To discourage the delivery of unsolicited bulk messages, Exchange Online has recipient limits that prevent users and applications from sending large volumes of email. These limits are applied per-user to all outbound and internal messages. (This limit does not apply to distribution lists created in our Global Address List that contain more than 500 recipients)
- Recipient limit = This is the maximum number of recipients allowed in the To:, Cc:, and Bcc: fields for a single email message.
Note: Exchange Online customers who need to send legitimate bulk commercial email (for example, customer newsletters or press releases) should use third-party providers that specialize in these services.
A example of a third party would be http://www.constantcontact.com/
Recipient limit information is located on the Microsoft website: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchange-online-limits.aspx
- If I have a shared mailbox/shared calendar will I be able to access it? Yes, if you have full access to the mailbox/calendar. You need to go to the web browser and put in https://webmail.state.vt.us/OWA/DII.TAX.Vermont.gov (your mailbox/calendar name) , then log in with your credentials.
- How can I send a note out of a shared mailbox if is not migrated yet? If you need to send a note out of the shared mailbox, then you have to log into OWA to send it (see the example above).
- If you access a shared calendar that is not migrated yet? It will show as free/busy.
- Will I be able to schedule rooms and resources that are not yet migrated? You will be able to see and schedule meeting rooms and resources that are not migrated yet. They will show as free/busy.
- How-To - Add a shared mailbox to Outlook.
Pilot Team Meetings
Will schedule a meeting as needed once we are testing further.
Minutes From Previous Meetings
- Office 365 Pilot Project Team Meeting 10-15-2015
- Office 365 Pilot Project Team Meeting 10-07-2015
- Office 365 Pilot Project Team Meeting 09-28-2015
- Foreign Domain O365 Desktop Changes Tech meeting 9/17/2015
- Office 365 Pilot Project Kick off Team Meeting 09-16-2015
- 10/23/2015 Email Communication on O365 user agency level testing.
- 10/15/15 Email Communication on Ricoh and Citrix Issues discussed in pilot call
- Pilot Users: O365Pilot–Use Personal Devices
- Pilot Users: How to Submit feedback/Issues for the pilot
- Pilot User Kickoff -- Mailbox being migrated to O365
Thank you for your participation, we look forward to working with you on this pilot!