Microsoft Office 365 (Office 365) Pilot
The purpose of the Pilot Team is to help ensure the successful implementation of Office 365 statewide. All features of Office 365 will be evaluated in a phased approach. Issues will be reported, documented and resolutions will be recommended or provided. For up to date information and current status of the Microsoft Office 365 Pilot, please go to this page: http://dii.vermont.gov/news_issues/projects/office365/pilot
Why we are doing this?
- To ensure Statewide requirements of Office 365 are identified and met
- Identify and address any potential for loss of user productivity during the transition
- Introduce and evaluate the features of Office 365
- Increase the likelihood for a successful adoption and effective utilization of Office 365 Statewide
Expectations from pilot testers:
- Actively participate in the testing of Office 365 functionality by responding to the survey. If something doesn’t seem to work right, we want to know.
- Participate in the weekly conference calls with the Pilot Team. This meeting will be set up and scheduled prior to testing.
- Provide additional scenarios that can be added as test cases to the survey for the rest of the team to use. Pilot team input is pivotal for our success. Your ideas as a pilot user will be greatly appreciated.
The pilot will run in phases which are expected to last two weeks. Initially, we will start with testing Exchange and then move on to testing other features of Office 365. Each pilot phase will end when any/all issues relating to the implementation have been addressed.
Previous Pilot Status Updates
- 10/07/2015 - All pilot users must complete the survey by Wednesday (10/14).
- 10/02/2015 - Office 365 Archive has been enabled for all pilot users.
- 10/02/2015 - It is critical for Foreign Domains to turn on/and or update the following
- Cached mode, Office rollout 2016, removal of Ev client, removal of voltage client (if applicable), for G1 user’s removal of office client.
- Survey was sent to the Foreign Domain Technicians; the completed survey was due Friday (10/09).
- 9/30/2015 - All pilot users have received the Survey Monkey survey.
- 9/29/2015- All Pilot user’s mailboxes have been successfully migrated.