What is this Service?
Information Technology Purchasing Services assist state agencies and departments with the procurement of Information Technology (IT) related commodities and services through competitive selection and negotiated contracts. This service is available for ADS customers that we are currently providing full Desktop Support Service to within the Agency of Administration, the Agency of Human Services, as well as various boards and commissions.
What is Included?
Key Standard Features
- Procure goods and services in the best interests of the State by leveraging the State’s buying power using the most appropriate channels to deliver economic value for State taxpayers.
- Consider stakeholders' business needs and communicate advice in a timely, informative, and responsive manner
- Develop, maintain, and execute standardized, repeatable procurement processes and procedures -- supported by technology where appropriate – to achieve targeted business outcomes
- Coordinate with other State Departments and Agencies to assist in the procurement process in the best interest of the State
- Standard Hardware/Software configurations available for improved processing and support
- Ordering (quote provision) – ADS will require a full description, including manufacturer number, for all items to be quoted before quote will be requested from vendor
- ADS will assist in gathering quotes for a simplified bid process coordinated with BGS
How Do I Obtain This Service?
Review the procedures and processes FAQs page
User Request Process for Service Features
- To request standard or non-standard items that need to be purchased, fill out the Purchase Request and Approval Form
- To request items we keep in stock, fill out the Deploy from Stock Form
- Once you have the form filled out and approved, proceed to the Self Service Portal to submit a ticket attaching the completed purchase request and approval form to the ticket.
Self Service Portal – Log into LANDesk
- AHS, VSMS and TAX go to LANDesk Self-Service
- If your domain is different from above (for example AOT or DFR) go to explicit logon
- Or Call 802-828-6620 or toll free 1-855-828-6620 - Option 1
Procurement services not provided by IT Purchasing include:
- Procurement for items not able to be acquired through an existing statewide contract
- Procurement of IT services (see retainer vendors page) or refer to Bulletin 3.5 for additional information
Procurement is specifically for those agencies and departments which ADS provides managed desktop support services for.
- ADS Service Desk: Monday –Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 pm
ADS does not traditionally respond to issues after business hours. ADS staff is only available via "best effort" after hours. Support calls placed after 4:30 PM and weekends/holidays will be redirected to Contact Communications. Issues requiring immediate attention will be forwarded to the appropriate ADS employee who will triage the reported issue and follow proper procedures to restore activities to normal operations
Request Fulfillment Goal
- Request to order standard hardware / software - 5 to 7 business days
- Request to order non-standard hardware / software - 7 to 10 business days (assuming internal and external approvals already obtained)
- Request for quote - 7 to 10 business days
These proposed times are for non-urgent orders. Also, it is assumed customer responsibility to provide adequate details and necessary approvals for the ADS Procurement office to proceed with ordering.
Total time (procurement to deployment)
- Purchasing request to installation - up to 45 business day depending on availability of product procured
- Issues will be prioritized and resolved based on priority. Please refer to the Customer Support (Service Desk) Service for definitions of priority levels and resolution goals for each level.
- Customer will be responsible for paying all invoices for items purchased. If customer requests a return, customer is responsible for any fees or fines (restocking fees) related to the return.