Project Management -- Services
Project Management Services
Service Description –Project Management and Organizational Change Management services based upon the Project Management Institute (PMI) framework, the Project Management Body of Knowledge® (PMBOK®), and the Prosci® Change Management Methodology. Services to Enterprise IT projects may include:
- Assignment of a Project Manager
- Assignment of a Change Management Specialist
- Application of Project and Change Management processes and templates
Features / Benefits – These services will help to ensure the adoption of Project Management and Organizational Change Management best practices and improve the probability of Project/Program success.
Business and Requirements Analysis
Service Description – Business and requirements analysis/requirements gathering services are available for IT projects stemming from an approved business case. As part of the system design process, we are prepared to assist with gathering, analyzing, and documenting business needs and requirements for implementing an IT solution.
Features / Benefits – Business Analysts focus on identifying requirements to meet strategic goals through internal changes to policies, processes, and information systems. A thorough understanding of the business environment in which information systems are expected to perform and how the business and the system are to align is required for successful solutions to be implemented.
EPMO Auxiliary Services
Service Description –Services to coach, train, and guide State government IT project and change management personnel as they learn and then adopt project management best practices in their projects. This includes training as well as measurement of key metrics to determine progress towards a Return on Investment (ROI). Services include:
- Coaching - assist project leads in developing and managing steps in a project life cycle, business analysis, and the organizational change management lifecycle. This may be accomplished through the utilization of template documents such as business cases, proposals, scorecards, charters, stakeholder analysis, requirement analysis, change requests, and project closure statements, etc.
- Planning Assistance - help to identify and/or estimate resources, develop work breakdown structures, build project schedules, audit project phases, and review project progress.
- Training and Consultation - lead seminars, produce newsletter articles, facilitate discussion roundtables and provide courses in project management. Provide individual mentorship and focused consulting in a variety of areas to include project structure, sponsorship, governance, risk management, and resource allocation.
Features / Benefits – These services help organizations to learn and apply best business practices of Project Management and Organizational Change Management, and may reduce risks and increase the probability of IT project success.
IT Procurement/Vendor Management
Service Description – DII partners with Buildings and General Services (BGS) and the Attorney General’s Office (AGO) to engage technology vendors in accordance with Bulletin 3.5, as well as assist other State Agencies and Departments with this process as needed.
Features / Benefits – Effective management of vendor relationships adds value to investments made by the State, and usually results in cost savings as well.
- Project Audits
- Project Rescue/Recovery
- Project Portfolio Management
- IT Governance Facilitation
Service Engagement Process
Service request form(s) is be available on-line at the EPMO website. EPMO members also work directly with users off-line as appropriate and provide exemplary customer service.