What is This Service?
This service assists agencies with the protection of information resources. The service focuses on compliance, risk reduction, and centralized security operation activities.
What is Included?
Standard Services Offered:
Firewall Oversight and Maintenance – Operation of border, data center, and distributed agency firewalls.
Secure Partner Connections (Site to Site VPN) – Enablement and maintenance of secure connections to partner organizations.
Information Security Awareness Training – DII offers Information Security awareness training for all state entities. Specific types of training are available upon request.
Additional Non-Standard Services:
Compliance Oversight – The Enterprise Information Security (EIS) division provides technical and compliance consulting for technical audits.
Best Practice Consulting – The EIS team provides security contract and technical consulting to large projects.
Penetration Testing/Vulnerability Assessments – Penetration testing and vulnerability assessments are a required element of many compliance programs and a best practice element for systems that contain high risk data. The EIS team facilitates choosing an appropriate vendor partner for these types of tests and provides analysis services centered around reducing the risk based on resulting reports.
How Do I Obtain This Service?
User Request Process for Service Features:
- Contact Customer Support to request standard and/or non-standard features relating to this service. Self Service Portal – The Self-Service Portal can be accessed via the following web link: https://ent-footprints.state.vt.us
- For non-standard services contact Nick Waringa Chief Information Security Officer (Nick.Waringa@state.vt.us)
How Do I Obtain Support for this Service?
To request support for this service, contact the Service Desk to open a support ticket:
- Self Service Portal – The Self-Service Portal can be accessed via the following web link: https://ent-footprints.state.vt.us
- Call 802-828-6620 or toll free 855-828-6620, option 1
- How To Documents posted at this web link: http://dii.vermont.gov/DII_Divisions/Customer/HowTo
Service Maintenance Schedule
Routine firewall maintenance that is not disruptive may occur at any time. Firewall maintenance that will create an outage or has a high potential to do so will be scheduled outside of business hours (after 8pm on weekdays, after 4pm on Saturday, or Sunday) with notification to all potentially impacted areas.
- Firewall Availability at Site or Office Location: 99%
- Site to Site Availability at Border: 99%
- DII Service Desk: Monday –Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 pm
DII does not traditionally respond to issues after business hours. DII staff is only available via "best effort" after hours. Support calls placed after 4:30 PM and weekends/holidays will be redirected to Contact Communications. Issues requiring immediate attention will be forwarded to the appropriate DII employee who will triage the reported issue and follow proper procedures to restore activities to normal operations
Request Fulfillment Goal:
Depends on the type of request.
See Resolution Goal in the Customer Support (Service Desk) description.
User Connectivity issues
- Resolution Goal: 2 business days
- Issues will be prioritized and resolved based on priority. Please refer to Customer Support for definitions of priority levels and resolution goals for each level.
Firewall issues in state offices
- Resolution Goal: 1 business day
- Issues will be prioritized and resolved based on priority. Please refer to the Customer Support section for definitions of priority levels and resolution goals for each level.
Note: Major outages will be addressed as soon as feasible. A Global ticket will provide information about the incident, locations that are impacted, and expected time for recovery. This information will also be posted on DII’s webpage at the following link: http://dii.vermont.gov.
Standard services are funded through the DII Allocation.
The Non-Standard services may involve an additional fee.