What is this service?
This service provides the capability for printing documents from a user’s computer in State offices. Multifunction devices can also provide capability for faxing, scanning and copying documents as well. The printers (and copiers) are located throughout the State of Vermont building facilities to provide users with convenient access.
What is Included
Key Standard Features
- Unlimited access to network printers, copiers, and scanners (unless security permissions are defined) (each department is responsible for purchase via IT Purchasing of their devices)
- Ability to view network printers by location and to connect to preferred printers
- Printing/copying in black/white (and color where available)
- Availability of multi-functional machines that print one-sided or two-sided (duplex) documents (Devices available within departments/agencies)
- Scan documents into electronic format (via multifunction device, and provided the department/agency owns a device with this functionality)
- Assistance with relocation of network/local printers during departmental moves
- Technical support and fulfillment of service requests (purchase and installation of Standard Printers)
- Assistance with recommendation, installation, of multifunction devices
- Departments are responsible for leasing multifunction copiers/printers by working with BGS, or State vendors under contract.
- Installation and support for individual desktop printers and/or scanners (must follow IT Purchasing process, and select from list of Standard Printers)
How Do I Obtain This Service?
- All staff that have a computer network account have access to printers automatically. It is part of the Desktop Services build.
- Routine maintenance for network printers, copiers and multi-functional machines (this service is provided directly from the device’s vendor, or the State’s contracted vendor)
- Purchase and installation of color cartridges and installation of black cartridges for network/local printers
- Single-function fax machines
How Do I Receive Support for This Service?
To request support for this service, contact the Service Desk to open a support ticket:
- Self Service Portal – Log into LANDesk
- AHS, VSMS and TAX go to LANDesk Self-Service
- If your domain is different from above (for example AOT or DFR) go to explicit logon
- Or Call 802-828-6620 or toll free 1-855-828-6620 - Option 1
- Desktop Printing Services How To Documents
Service Maintenance Schedule
- No scheduled service maintenance window.
- Availability: 99%
- DII Service Desk: Monday –Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 pm
- Data Center Operations: Monday through Friday -6:30am to midnight
DII does not traditionally respond to issues after business hours. DII staff is only available via "best effort" after hours. Support calls placed after 4:30 PM and weekends/holidays will be redirected to Contact Communications. Issues requiring immediate attention will be forwarded to the appropriate DII employee who will triage the reported issue and follow proper procedures to restore activities to normal operations
Request Fulfillment Goal
- 10-20 business days within the normal operating hours to install and configure new print/copy device upon completion IT Purchasing and Receiving processing.
- Up to a month to accommodate for the procurement and delivery of printers and their supporting parts and accessories.
- Issues will be prioritized and resolved based on priority. Please refer to the Customer Support (Service Desk) Service for definitions of priority levels and resolution goals for each level.
- Customer is responsible for purchase or printer, as well as toner and maintenance.