Office 365 Helpdesk Troubleshooting Guide, dated February 10, 2016
Links to Information:
- Microsoft's Office 365 Roadmap
SOV Active Directory Naming Standards (also includes UPN suffix information)
Office and Department Field Naming Conventions
Office 365 Authentication
Office Suite Information
How are Office Suite Updates handled?
- Overview of Update Process for Office Pro Plus Office Suite
- Overview of update channels for Office 2016 Plus
- Office 365 Service Updates
The updates will install automatically (they are not updated through WSUS servers). There are scheduled tasks that run a few nights a week to initiate updates set up by default (see below):
Outlook Client Questions:
User reports they can't see email more than 12 months old in Outlook client --
How the State should be deploying Visio and Project as it relates to our future with O365?
If the user is running Office365 Pro Plus (2016 click-to-run), they will need to run Visio 2013 if the license is the standalone perpetual license. Unless the license is Visio Online, then the user would run the current versions of both Visio and Office. Here is a breakdown of recommendations (attached).
If these are net new licenses, Microsoft recommends considering Visio Online.
Security & Compliance:
- Cloud Services You Can Trust: Office 365 Availability
- Office 365 Trust Center
- Office 365: Transparent Operations
- Privacy, Security and Transparency
- Security in the Cloud whitepaper
- Top 10 Lists for Security, Privacy and Compliance
Service Health and Status:
This is available in the Office 365 Admin Center