The Security Awareness, Training and Education program is a service provided by the Security Department for all State employees and agencies as well as to the general public. This service is delivered via three primary methods.
- One option is the public facing Information Security Website. This site contains a variety of information for nontechnical individuals as well as those who are more technically savvy. There is information for parents, teachers and students k-12. An email option provides site visitors an opportunity to ask questions, make suggestions for the site and to receive answers and interact with the site owner.
- The Employee Computer Security Training Program is also available. This is an online security awareness training program for state employees. It is required that all state employees go through the program as part of the new hire process. Existing employees will also be required to access the site, via email, and take the 45 minute course. The course is a very basic computer security course that covers general information about best practices when working with computers and when working online.
- Finally, The Public Outreach Program is avialble . This program is available to anyone who requests it. It involves lectures for adults as well as for educational institutions and for state employees. Examples: Lectures series at public libraries on security topics, k-6 education, presentations at universities, and presentations to State agencies upon request. Other options for services could be PTA presentations on keeping children safe online, collaboration with educational institutions as guest speaker, helping to set up security programs within agencies.
Education and training for state employees as well as citizens is a key element to information and data security. Without basic awareness of computer security, technology is not going to protect our networks and general information infrastructure from malicious attacks.
Hours of Operation
- The websites are available 24/7.
- For public outreach programs: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
For all service and support inquiries email Jack Green, Security Director or call 802-828-3993
Service is provided within the ADS Allocation Fee.