Updates on the status of our project are posted below. Communications will be sent out well in advance of any changes to our customer service process.
LANDesk Change Request Information
If you have a suggestion for a LANDesk enhancement, please fill out the following form and submit to DII - Service Desk Information
- Week of 6/13/17
- Week of 2/21/17
- Week of 1/3/17
- Week of 4/11/16
- Week of 3/14/16
- Week of 2/22/16
- Week of 1/19/16
- Week of 12/1/15
- Week of 9/28/15
- Week of 6-22-15
- Week of 5-11-15
- Week of 4-06-15
- Week of 3-30-15
- Week of 3-16-15
- Week of 3-9-15
- Enhancements made 2-25-15
- Enhancements made 2-18-15
- Enhancements made 1-28-15
- Enhancements made 12-23-14
- Enhancements made 12-17-14
- Enhancements made 12-10-14
To view existing training documentation, please click on this link: LANDesk Training.
To Ask a Question or Report an Issue
- Submit a “Request Support” ticket within LANDesk
- Or, if you don't have access to LANDesk Call 802-828-6620, option 1, or toll free 1-855-828-6620, option 1
Project Description -- Project is Complete and LANDesk is operational -- this is for reference only
DII and the Agency of Human Services Information Services are co-sponsoring a Statewide Enterprise Service Management System which will stand up both an Enterprise Helpdesk System and the Centralized Management of Devices (Asset Management System). A full RFP and Independent Review Process was followed which ended in ultimately choosing the LANDesk Service Management System. LANDesk will replace the DII Footprints ticketing system as well as AHS' TrackIt ticketing system.
In addition to replacing the current helpdesk ticketing systems, LANDesk will implement the new functionality of centralized management of devices on our networks, asset tracking and software distribution - statewide.
The scope of this change affects all Footprints and TrackIt users statewide.
At this time, the scope of the centralized management of devices is limited to the Agency of Administration and the Agency of Human Services (and any other group that is on VSMS Active Directory). Although the current scope is limited to AOA and AHS at this time, LANDesk will be expandable to other State Agencies in the future with the ability to manage assets and tickets within distinct security groups
Helpdesk Ticketing System (Service Desk):
- Ability for single sign-on to LANDesk ticketing system
- Instant access to information about who is calling; previous calls or case histories and outstanding issues, as well as their equipment detail and products being used
- Ability to implement and manage SLA metrics for different types of service requests
- Automate manual processes
- Improved customer service and customer workflow
- Increased transparency for planned and unplanned events
- Self-service functionality
Centralized Management of Devices (Asset Management System (LDMS):
- Ability to discover and manage workstations remotely
- Audit hardware and software inventory (Real Time)
- Ability to push patches/deploy software remotely whether they're on a LAN or not (e.g. home users), all from a single console
- Interoperability between domains
- Self-service installs -- plan to pre-package 3rd party software so end users can install latest software (such as Adobe Flash, iTunes, etc.) without having to submit a helpdesk ticket.
These are some high level milestones that have been accomplished. It also includes information on our project. Our weekly project status reports will be available (see below).
- User Account Request (AHS Only) go-live April 30, 2014.
- LANDesk Management Suite (Asset Inventory and computer management) live for all VSMS, AHS, and TAX computers. (See below for description)
- Testing -- completed end of October.
- Go-Live December 1, 2014 (Request Support, User Account Request for remainder of SOV)