Department of Libraries, State Information Operator
If you are unable to find information for Vermont State Government offices in the online directory at the link below call 828-1110 for help finding telephone numbers for State of Vermont offices, services, or employees.
Telephone Repair and Installation Services
802-828-6620 or 855-828-6620 - Opt. 2
If you have land line (not cell, voip or wireless) telephone service provided through or in Vermont State Government offices and are experiencing trouble with your telephone, voice-mail, or telephone service, enter a telecom trouble ticket via Compco the Telecom Work Order system. All others contact your phone service provider or wireless carrier.
- State employee contact information for service providers and customer support.
- To get state employee access to the telecom work order system email us or call us at 802-828-6620 or toll free 1-855-828-6620 - Option 2.
Telephone Dialing Instructions
- If dialing within a Local State Government Centrex location you need only dial the four-digit telephone number. By four-digit dialing you will save local calling fees.
- To dial other Local Calls: Dial a 9 + seven digit telephone number
- For Long Distance Calls: Dial 9 + 1 + area code + seven digit telephone number…(await prompt) + authorization code
- International Calls: Dial 9 + 011 + country code + city code + telephone number…(await prompt) + authorization code. Refer to your local Fairpoint or VTel telephone directory for country codes or use the link below:
- Whitepages International Resources
- Information: Vermont: 9 + 1 + (802) + 555-1212
- Information: Interstate: 9 + 1 + (area code) + 555-1212 + authorization code
- Information: 800, 866, 877, 888, (Toll Free Calls): 9 + 1 + (800, or 866, or 877, or 888) + seven digit telephone number.
- 900 calls are not authorized or allowed from the State Telephone System
Long Distance Authorization Codes and Calling Cards
State employee request for calling card or authorization code. Any changes or questions regarding calling cards and authorization codes should be handled similarly. Please note that an employee ID or department billing code is required before the submitting the request.
Personal Long Distance Calls Policy
All telephones and cell phones owed by the State of Vermont are intended for use in conducting the day-to-day business of the State. Use of State equipment or services for personal activities is discouraged and should never interfere with the conducting of State business. We do recognize that occasionally, personal use of State equipment or services is necessary and acceptable. When State equipment is used for personal activities, the employees using the equipment must reimburse the State through their departments for the expense incurred.
The Department of Information and Innovation will provide monthly call detail reports of non-cellular telephone calls to each business manager detailing long distance charges by each caller. Employees should examine those statements and remit the costs for all personal calls. You may call the accounting team at 828-3550 regarding any questions you may have about your telephone bills. Their mailing address is 133 State Street, Drawer 33, Montpelier, VT 05633-3701.
Audio and Web Conference Services
The State of Vermont has a contract Citrix Online Web Conferencing and Tele Conferencing. Departments will need to establish accounts with Citrix for both types of services. Billing will be directly between Citrix and the departments and agencies. There is no billing through DII and no DII administrative fee associated with these new accounts. Instructions for setting up both types of conference accounts.