What is This Service?
The Web Portal Contract allows for the creation of online transactional services through the State’s contract for the Vermont.gov Web Portal. Online applications are any Website that includes online transactions. This includes informational services like the Online Phonebook as well as services that require a financial transaction.
All resources to fund the Vermont.gov Web Portal are generated by per-transaction fees on financial transactions.
What is Included?
- There will be no need for creating an RFP or contracting with a vendor to create a new Web application.
- An approved Functional Design is required to begin work on a new application.
- Vendors are available capable of assisting in the creation of a Functional Design for a planned service under the Web Design Contract. This is a time and materials contract with vendors on retainer to perform this work. Costs under this contract are based on quotes on individual Statements of Work presented to the vendors.
- A site will not require the purchase or maintenance of any hardware.
- A site will have no ongoing maintenance costs.
- Sites requiring a financial transaction will need to complete an Interagency Agreement with the vendor to come to agreement on a per transaction fee to fund the application
- All sites automatically comply with ADA Web requirements.
- All sites automatically comply with all state Web standards.
- A site is hosted in a guaranteed 24/7 facility with redundant power and telecommunication infrastructure.
- Support will be available from experienced Web developers on ways to improve a site's performance.
- The actual server hosting the sites will be in a secure location with advanced site and electronic security.
- The hosting facility will be able to provide 24/7 availability due to redundant power sources.
How Do I Obtain This Service?
User Request Process for Service Features:
If you are interested in developing an online application please email the Director of Web Services or call 802-828-5338.
- Website development is not included in this service. For this refer to the Website service description.
How Do I Receive Support For This Service
To request support for this service, contact the Service Desk to open a support ticket
This service results in the creation of a project. During development support will be managed through project specific communications channels.
Post launch support is provided as described below.
- AHS, VSMS and TAX go to LANDesk Self-Service
- If your domain is different from above (for example AOT or DFR) go to explicit logon
- Or Call 802-828-6620 or toll free 1-855-828-6620 - Option 1
Service Maintenance Schedule
- Maintenance should not interrupt services.
- Web Services Application: 99%
- ADS Service Desk: Monday –Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 pm
ADS does not traditionally respond to issues after business hours. ADS staff is only available via "best effort" after hours. Support calls placed after 4:30 PM and weekends/holidays will be redirected to Contact Communications. Issues requiring immediate attention will be forwarded to the appropriate ADS employee who will triage the reported issue and follow proper procedures to restore activities to normal operations.
Request Fulfillment Goal
- Project timelines will be dependent on the complexity of the online application being developed.
- User support requests post launch will be handled in compliance with ADS' normal assistance response process.
- Issues will be prioritized and resolved based on priority. Please refer to the Customer Support (Service Desk) Service for definitions of priority levels and resolution goals for each level.
For standard sites, there will be no hosting cost, no development cost.
Financial Transaction based Applications
- Per-transaction fee paid by either the owner of the site or the user.
- Per-transaction fees are set in an Interagency Agreement between the application owner and the vendor. Fees are subject to approval by the Web Portal Board.