What Is This Service?
This service provides State of Vermont employees the ability to perform day-to-day business tasks through an assigned desktop or laptop computer that is pre-configured with the State’s standard suite of productivity tools and software, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), internet browser and email software.
What Is Included?
Key Standard Features
- Standard Windows-based State of Vermont desktop or laptop
- Deployment, maintenance, and updates to the desktops and laptops, and some mobile devices such as iPads, Surface Pros, and others identified by Desktop Manager
- Standard suite of software, such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, internet browser, and email
- Desktop and laptop Anti-virus protection
- Technical support, maintenance, and repair of managed hardware and software, and fulfillment of service requests
- Remote delivery, inventory and removal of software on user’s desktops and laptops
- Pre-defined refresh cycles for new Windows-based desktops and laptops
- Generally, Desktop will work on 4-5 year life cycles and coordinate life cycle replacement with department contact
- Assistance with disposal of hardware (Disposal of Digital Media/Hardware)
- Encryption of data on Windows-based State laptops to help prevent disclosure of data
- Assistance with installation, setup, and 1st level triage of printers (see Desktop Printing Services for more details)
- End Users will not have local administrative rights to desktop and laptop computers
- Approvals/recommendations of non-standard hardware and software for business-approved purposes
- Support for personal or non-state provided hardware, software, peripherals and accessories
- Installation of any unauthorized hardware/software
- Maintenance of Department Asset Management in VISION module (ADS does not enter assets into VISION)
- Maintenance of Smartphones, and any other handheld device (each department should have a service contract with wireless provider).
How Do I Obtain This Service?
User Request Process for Service Features
- Self Service Portal – Log into LANDesk
- IT Purchasing/Deployment Requests – please follow the processes for standard/non-standard hardware and software.
How Do I Receive Support for This Service?
To request support for this service, contact the Service Desk to open a support ticket
Self Service Portal – Log into LANDesk
- AHS, VSMS and TAX go to LANDesk Self-Service
- If your domain is different from above (for example AOT or DFR) go to explicit logon
- Or Call 802-828-6620 or toll free 1-855-828-6620 - Option 1
- LANDesk How To Documents
Service Maintenance Schedule
ADS Desktop deploys Windows security patches and upgrades during evening hours ONLY, unless deemed otherwise necessary by Information Security and IT Management. As a result, users may experience service degradation with their desktops and laptops during this installation.
- Windows Patching occurs on weekends depending on machine availability
- Standard Software Patching occurs on weekends depending on machine availability. Patches with critical security implications could occur immediately, or within a 24 hour period of their release.
- ADS Service Desk: Monday –Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 pm
ADS does not traditionally respond to issues after business hours. ADS staff is only available via "best effort" after hours. Support calls placed after 4:30 PM and weekends/holidays will be redirected to Contact Communications. Issues requiring immediate attention will be forwarded to the appropriate ADS employee who will triage the reported issue and follow proper procedures to restore activities to normal operations
Request Fulfillment Goal (Windows-based Computers)
- Delivery of standard State of Vermont Hardware and Software – 10 – 20 business days upon completion IT Purchasing and Receiving processing.
- Delivery of non-standard hardware and software – minimum of 10 days upon completion of IT Purchasing and Receiving processing.
- Issues will be prioritized and resolved based on priority. Please refer to the Customer Support (Service Desk) Global Service Level Agreement for definitions of priority levels and resolution goals for each level.
- Full Desktop Service Technical Support
- Cost: $420 per user (FY19): FTE's in Desktop support
Office 365 Licensing Costs:
State employee and Vendor/Partner Account (non-state employees) Accounts – (subject to change based on Microsoft licensing costs when we renew our Enterprise agreement)
Information document on different licensing types: https://vermontgov.sharepoint.com/:x:/r/IT/SharedDocuments/LicensingOptions-CapabiltiesForF1-G1-G3.xlsx?d=w72474de9579b4a53b2b1f270a2e00ad0&csf=1
- F1 –$120.18 per account per year
- G1 - $111.44 per account per year (does not include Windows 10 Desktop OS)
- G1 - $171.44 per account per year (includes Windows 10 Desktop OS)
- G3 - $327.98 per account per year
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems -- Cost included as part of Office365 licensing
- Microsoft Office Suite, Professional Plus (Office 365 – Must be a G3 licensed user User)
- Endpoint Encryption
- Windows Updates
- No charge - provided as part of full desktop support service
- Asset Management - Ivanti / LANDESK
- Cost included in the ADS Allocation
- Desktop Hardware/Software
- Separate charge, which will be quoted at time of request
- See IT Purchasing Service Description for Details / Standards