Listserves are among the most useful Internet power tools. Use a list serve to "push" your message to your target audience. List serves have many different uses and users:
- Associations use list serves to notify their members of meetings and events
- Special interest groups use list serves to exchange ideas and discuss issues
- Information Technology groups use lists to notify clients of maintenance or system outages
- Software companies use list serves to notify their registered users of product updates
- Politicians use list serves to communicate with their constituents
- Groups with members in diverse locales use list serves to communicate efficiently & economically
- Educational institutions use list serves to communicate with students
- Departments and Agencies utilize ListServ services to communicate with other departments, branches of government, municipal governments that often reside on diverse e-mail systems.
How Do I Obtain Support for This Service?
Contact the Service Desk to request standard and/or non-standard features relating to this service listed below.
Self Service Portal – Log into LANDesk
- AHS, VSMS and TAX go to LANDesk Self-Service
- If your domain is different from above (for example AOT or DFR) go to explicit logon
- Or Call 802-828-6620 or toll free 1-855-828-6620 - Option 1
How Do I Request this Service?
ADS provides hosting of ListServ email services for pre-existing lists. We plan on retiring this service in the future, so will not be accepting new requests.
Exchange Online customers who need to send legitimate bulk commercial email (for example, customer newsletters or press releases) should use third-party providers that specialize in these services.
A example of a third party would be http://www.constantcontact.com/
- The lists are alphabetical.
- Click on a specific list you wish to subscribe to and enter your email address.
- If the list is moderated, you may be asked to confirm your email address.
- Otherwise, you will then be a member of that list automatically and receive any emails that are sent to that list.