The Agency of Digital Services is about providing cost-effective, customer-focused IT services and solutions to enable better government. On January 17th 2017 Governor Phil Scott issued executive order 06-17 calling for the creation of the Agency of Digital Services. At the core of ADS, the Divisions of Shared Services, Data, Security, Enterprise Architecture, and Project Management help ensure information technology services are standardized, coordinated, secure, and cost-effective across Vermont State government.
The agency aims to better align business functions and information technology (IT) through:
- Improved coordination of technology procurements;
- Improved project management practices and standards;
- Improved communication among State agency and department technology resources;
- Improved IT governance;
- Utilization of technology skills and resources across departments for the benefit of all agencies and departments;
- A comprehensive understanding of IT spending;
- Results based accountability;
- Realignment of IT resources with State priorities
We look forward to doing our part to assist in
- Growing the Vermont economy;
- Making Vermont an affordable place to live, work, and do business; and
- Protecting vulnerable Vermonters
Please bear with us as we make this transition and check back often for Agency updates.